Components of Entrée:
Wilted garlic spinach (spinach sautéed in orange zest, garlic, butter, salt & pepper)
(goes on plate)
Orange segments (on top of cobia for garnish)
Ginger Cardamon rub – coat cobia before searing
Fennel hash – goes on plate after cooking
Vanilla Saffron Burre Blanc – Drizzle over plate
- Cardamon rub
3T Ginger Powder
1.5T ground Cardamom
Mix ingredients together and coat Cobia with rub & salt and pepper before searing
Sear Cobia to desired temperature
- Fennel Shallot Hash
2 cups Fennel – julienned sliced
1 cup Shallots – julienned sliced
2 cups Yukon Gold Potatoes – cubed and par-boiled and cooled
1 ea. Orange – zested with a microplane
Sear Fennel and Shallots in hot skillet until caramelized
Mix all ingredients together
Put on plate after cooking
- Vanilla Saffron Burre Blanc Ingredients
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup fish fume
- 1 ea. Shallots – julienne
- 5 ea. Black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 ea. Sprig thyme
- 2 ea. Cloves garlic – crushed
- ½ t saffron
- ½ t Vanilla paste
- ½ lb. butter – cubed
- 1t heavy cream
- In a large sauce pan, over medium heat, sauté in a small amount of olive oil, shallots, peppercorns, bay leaf, thyme and garlic.
- Once shallots start to become translucent, add the wine, saffron and fume.
- Reduce until about 1 to 2 Tbsp. remains. Add the cream and vanilla and bring back to a boil. Slowly begin whisking in the butter adding a small amount at a time until it has all been incorporated.
- Season with salt and strain through a china cap. (Not a chinois, this way you strain everything out, and keep the vanilla seeds.)
- Drizzle over plate
I am stingy with my 5 stars …… no so here. Fresh, fresh, fresh. I went with two people the first night and 5 the second night (the original other two went back with me a swell). No one was disappointed. I can’t wait to get back to Vail for another meal there.
Your concern for us and our experience was extraordinary. You had private parties , huge tables etc, and what makes you stand apart from all the other fine dining experiences in vail and BC is your concern for each and every guest. Kudos to management, chefs, and kitchen staff. Charlie et al. You rock!